my famiLy

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Being Part of a New Family

I’ve been a part of a family of angels since august 2010. I started attending a Bible Study, every Monday night with Ate Josie Long. After the Bible study, we always had food cooked by Ate Malou, one of the workers at the YMC. The Bible study was one of my favorite things to go to.

June 4, 2011, 23 angels and I moved into a condo with Ate Josie Long.   We lived there for a month. After that month, Ate Josie Long decided to move us into a new "Josie’s Angels Home." There are now a lot of girls staying here at what we call JAZ (Josie's Anegls Zone).


Being away from my real family is too hard. I miss my little nephew and my little niece who always use to beg me, “Auntie Auntie play with us." And I miss my whole family too. But I need to stay away from them, for many reasons.


The first reason is that they don’t know God. Because they don’t know God, they would always hurt me, especially when they drank alcohol. The second reason is that they don’t have money to pay for my education and they cannot provide for my everyday needs. The third reason is that I did not feel that they loved me well. They did not treat me like one of their family members. Instead, they treated me like a maid. I was the one who always cleaned the house. If I did not cook food or clean, my uncle would hurt me.


But, being a part of the family of angels, I feel God wants me to be happy. He gave me a new family. A family who can love me, and a family who can hug me if I have a problem, and a family who can understand me. Here, I feel I can better experience and serve the God I love.


5 comments:

  1. Ella! I'm so excited you are writing a blog! I'm so glad you are one of Josie's Angels and are getting the love and community you need. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your blog, Ella. You may remember me from last May when I came to Cainta and helped teach the girls at JAZ to take care of their teeth. I hope to spend more time with you all when I return this May. God bless - Nancy Dorrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, hi Ella! Ako si Sukey. Nakasama ako sa youth group ng UCM last Feb 23! Pumunta kami dyan sa JAZ Home. Salamat sa pag-share mo dito sa blog :) GOD BLESS! And see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saLamat po sa comment mo yes I remember you :) babalik puba kayo dito ?

      Delete
  4. Ella, I am so excited for you and the new life and love you are experiencing at the JAZ house. Reach for the stars!

    ReplyDelete